Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
Does Your Property Have An Up-To-Date Landlord Gas Safety Certificate?
As a landlord of a residential property you must be able to provide your tenant/s with a valid, up-to-date gas safety certificate. UK law states that you must have all gas appliances serviced once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
The information covered in a YourRepair Plumbers Landlord Gas Safety Certificate include:
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- The address of the property at which the appliance or flue/fitting is installed
- A description and location of each gas appliance or flue/fitting checked
- The results of safety checks carried out on the appliances by our engineer
- Any issue identified and the action required to fix it (or undertaken by YourRepair during visit)
- Date the appliance or flue/fitting was checked
- Where appropriate, the name and address of the landlord or letting agent where appropriate
Homeowners will also be required to produce a gas safety certificate when they sell their property and tenants are responsible for keeping a gas safety certificate for any appliances that they directly own.
So whether you are a landlord, a tenant or a homeowner, it’s important to get all of your gas appliances and their fittings checked annually (or whenever work has been carried out on them) to make sure they are safe. This type of work must be carried out by a qualified and approved Gas Safe registered engineer.
Why Choose YourRepair?
- All of our rates are 100% transparent
- Fast reliable response
- 12 month guarantee on all our work
- Friendly, uniformed staff, with visible identification
- All our staff are CRB (DBS) checked
- Card payments accepted
After an engineer from YourRepair Plumbers has fitted or serviced one of your home gas appliances, they will always leave you a Gas Safety Certificate which explains what checks they carried out.
We can also carry out gas safety checks and issue a report if you require one regardless of whether we have carried out the work.
The information contained in the safety reports tell you that the gas appliance or gas fitting has been checked to see if it is working correctly and safely and meets the legal UK safety standards. This information may also tell you when you next need to have the appliance serviced.
Once your property’s appliances and fittings have been checked and a gas safety certificate has been issued, we can schedule a return to your property every 12 months to keep your paperwork up to date and your property safe.
Our friendly, uniformed engineers will explain exactly what they’ve done in simple terms and make sure you have full understanding of any issues that need dealing with.
Advice for Tenants
In the UK, your landlord has legal responsibilities when it comes to gas safety and it’s important for your own wellbeing that you make sure they are taking these responsibilities seriously.
If you’re currently renting a property and haven’t already, politely ask your landlord for a copy of the current Gas Safety certifcate for your home. Landlords must also take responsibility for the maintenance of your gas appliances, so also check the date when yours were last serviced.
Whether you’re a home-owner or a landlord, YourRepair can make sure your gas safety paperwork is up to date, keeping you on the right side of the law and you and your tenants safe.
Services We Provide
- Blocked toilets, sinks pipes & drains
- Toilet repair, replace or install
- Shower repair, replace or install
- Outside Taps, repair,replace or install
- Stopcock repair, replace or install
- Tap repair or replace
- Burst pipes repaired
- Saniflo repair or replace
- Leaks repaired
- Thermostat problems
- Radiators & valves
- Ball valves
- Air locks
- Hot water problems
- Immersion heaters
- Unvented water cylinders
- Pumps repaired replaced or installed
- Water heater repair or install
- Water tanks, repair replace or install